“I’m not very good at sharing, especially when it comes to you Harper.”
A pain too hard to understand.
A struggle too deep to reach.
A love too complicated to work…but too intense to let go.
Harper Mae ran as far away as she could from her abusive past. She went to a different city and numbed her pain by using men, never sleeping with the same guy more than once.
Ryder worked at a coffee shop trying to blend in with the rest of the world, desperately trying to live a normal life. After leaving a relationship and losing his family, he vowed never to fall in love again.
Until one day they are unexpectedly drawn to each other unable to let go.
Harper and Ryder’s turbulent relationship, two people who are struggling to find themselves, realize the answer lies within each other.
Secrets, so deep, that both have, end up surfacing causing irrevocable pain.
Will their love be strong enough to survive or will their pain be the downfall to their relationship?
Will Harper open up enough to share her past with Ryder or will he be just another number on her list?
When I was approached by V with the opportunity to read/review this book, I couldn’t say no. The blurb caught my attention and I just wanted to read it! I love the books where the woman overcomes her past, especially when it’s an abusive past. It gives hope to lots of women out there, even though it’s just a book.
Things I DID like about this book:
· The characters were all very well described. Even the secondary characters were explained in a way that you could understand them, and have a great picture in your head of them.
· The story line itself was a very great idea. Like I said, I love the women who are able to overcome their past.
· The drama that came with this story. I am a drama JUNKIE!!
· I really liked how Harper didn’t just Ryder’s arms. As much as I love the stories where the guy rescues the woman from herself, it was great to see Harper take her time getting to know him.
· The sex scenes were off the charts amazingly written!
Things I did NOT like about this book:
· There were some parts of this book that seemed like they drug on for longer than they needed to.
· The “instant love” that Ryder had for Harper. Although it does happen in a lot of books, it did seem at a point like he was stalking her.
· Although the amount of details that were in the book was well done, there were times where I felt like there was too much.
· Ryder’s character seemed very selfish. He wanted her to tell him everything, yet he was holding back from her a huge secret.
All in all, with this being V’s first book, I think that she did very well and I will be keeping my eye out on future books from her!
This book is currently $2.99 US Dollars on Amazon.
Click the cover and then 1 Click to a new read!
About the Author:
Her name is V. Murphy and she loves everything about reading (some may call her a bibliophile). She is a current graduate from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and heading out west to live the California dream while pursuing her masters degree in school counseling at the University of San Diego. You can find her writing in a Panera, small coffeeshop or on campus. When she is not spending her time in school or reading, she loves to write, bake and shop.